How to Travel
Depending on the region or city
- Subway – The metro is the fastest transportation. .
- Bus & Train – Operated by public or independent organisations. some busses and trains include wifi access for the public.
- Taxi – Available in most regions. From a restaurant or hotel you can have them call the taxi service.
- Car – Rental cars are easy to get and hotels have good parking prices. Once in a city, you can often walk so we suggest returning the car when you arrive.
- Bike – The best way to get around, other than walking, is by bike. If you don’t mind hills, you can bike anywhere. If that’s not for you, stick to the inner city with your bike.
Mini Trips or Tours
Because of the number of sights to see, some first-time visitors should start with an organized tour. Some things can be covered in depth, other are just useful for getting your bearings.
The leading tour operators use local historians to lead their tours. Guides offer walking tours, including visits to monuments, museums, and historic locations, as well as eating tours. Tour prices can be high, but most participants consider them a trip highlight. In addition, there are many family related tours, sights and more appealing activites to children.